****Warning: This is going to be a long rambling post so don't feel bad if you don't read it. This is mostly everything that I have running through my mind at 2am while at work. Mostly family journal stuff.****
I am sitting at work and feel like typing a long rambling post about everything that I may or may not have posted about but it's the little things that count right. I think I will start off writing about each member of our little family, youngest to oldest.
Connor- He is 27 months right now is getting so big and is definitely not a baby anymore. He makes me laugh everyday with the things he does and the way he talks. I love this stage he is in. I love it when he tells you "you are gorgeous". He is a little parrot and will repeat everything anyone says. He will try to pray every time he hears someone saying one. Sometimes when you ask him if he wants to do something he gets a really excited look on his face and over exaggerates nodding his head yes. Without fail every morning he asks "What's Dad doing?" but lately he will stick his finger in against his cheek and say "Hum, What's Dad doing or I hear an airplane." He loves to say he is going to outer space or that he is a robot. He loves, loves, loves his big sister Kendry and is always following her around and copying her. Some of their favorite things to do together is to play hide-n-seek, play the computer together, argue which cartoon is better, Yo Gabba Gabba or Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. I don't love either one. They love to jump on the bed, swing at the park, play in sandboxes, read books and play with their dad. He does not love to share or take turns. He loves Popsicles and would live on them if we let him. He loves babies and we are excited to start watching Avery. It will give me an idea what it will be like to have 3 kids if that time ever comes! He loves his big boy bed and has really amazed me with how good he has been about staying in bed and going to sleep. He sleeps with a little sheep we call 'Mr. Sheepie' originally I know but he is so cute with it. I love to put him to bed cause he hurries and lays down on his pillow, on his stomach and gets this little smile on his face and I swear I could just eat him.
McKendry- I can't believe she is 4 1/2 already! She can't wait for her birthday and is already telling us what she wants for a party, birthday cake and presents! She just started her 2nd year of preschool and we were both really excited for it. She loves to go to school and I love the chance to take a nap with Connor! Kenny has a memory like a steel trap and I have to be really careful what I promise her because she will remember it forever! She had swim lessons this year and loved them. I had to bribe her to jump off the diving board without the teacher being there to catch her but once she did it twice(and earned a new little doll) she was unstoppable. She was very good about wearing her life jacket. Some of her favorites right now are playing the computer, watching Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, cheese sandwiches, playing with friends, holding Avery, going to her Grandparents house, teasing Connor, wrestling with Dad and getting Snow Cones. Last Sunday she wanted to get up in Church and bear her testimony so I told her that I wasn't going to get up with her and whisper in her ear the whole time so we kinda rehearsed what she was going to say and I really thought she was going to chicken out but she said okay lets go and walked right but to the front. When she went to talk in the mike she talked so loud that it made everyone jump and then laugh and she got embarrassed and wouldn't say anything more so I got to bear my testimony. We talked about what to do next time and she can't wait for next Fast Sunday. I told Josh that he got to go up with her next time.
Jess-I am still the YW President and am kinda surprised by that. I just don't feel like I am doing that great of a job and that I could be doing so much more for the girls. We just had Youth Conference last weekend and I think it turned out pretty good. We did a little mini Church history tour around St. George by going on the Temple Quarry hike, Jacob Hamblin home, lunch at Golden Corral, Brigham Young home and then the Temple Visitor Center. We had the sweetest couple missionaries that followed us from place to place. That night we had plans to set up camp at Sand Hollow but it was super windy with lightening in the sky so we decided to eat dinner at the church and play games and hope it would blow over. It did but we got out there a little later then planned and ended up setting up tents in the wind and rain and most of the tent stakes wouldn't stay anchored in the sand. It was kinda fun though. After a long night on a half deflated air mattress we went down to the lake and had a lot of fun swimming and tubing. Josh and the kids were able to come out and play for a few hours. That night we had dinner and a fireside. The bishops daughter and her new husband gave talks and it was really good. After that we had a testimony meeting and every single kid stood up and you could really feel the spirit. That night we stayed up until 1:30 but I got to sleep in Shelly and Darin's air conditioned trailer. A much better night. We cleaned up that next morning and then went home. Josh and I spent the day organizing the garage and parts of the house. It was the first Saturday that we had been home and not really had anything to do. Josh and I are playing on a softball team together with 5 other couples. We won our first game last week. I think we should have a pretty good team. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Josh hit. We haven't really got to play to many sports together so I think this is going to be really fun to do together. I struck out once and won't live that down for a long time. I am still running 3-4 times a week. Britt and I started a fitness program and we are starting our 4th week and I have lost about 9lbs so far. I should have started this months ago but admit to not trying too hard cause I kept thinking that I would be getting pregnant and was using that as an excuse. We have been "not preventing" for 8 months. So for everyone who asks how old Connor is and then looks at my stomach there you have it. We are trying just nothing is happening. Hopefully it happens soon because we are getting very spoiled with have our kids at such great stages that I'm tempted to be done. A few weeks ago a good friend from work passed away. It was such a shock and a tragic way for him to go. Scott was such a great person. I got to work graveyards for awhile with him before I had Connor and he always brought a smile to my face whenever I saw him. I am also still working in Mammography and having a great time except for all the boob grabbing but it comes with the territory.
Josh- I can't believe Josh is 29! He is just getting so big and it is going to be a blast planning him a 30th birthday party next year. He is still working for LearnKey and has been a little stressed out by the economy and heavy work expectations. He was started to run a little bit and is training for his 1st 5k in a couple weeks. He has only got to go fishing a couple of times this summer and I know he would love to go more. He is getting really excited for the hunts to come up in the next few months. He put a fence up around our house. He is such a great Dad and has much more patience then I do.
My forearms are starting to cramp so I will spell check this and be done for now.
I have been running 5 days a week for 14 weeks and haven't lost an ounce. I'm sooo jealous you lost 9 lbs! I remember Kendry's horror story haircut, I was actually going to mention you in my blog about how other mom's have endured much worse experiences:) I really don't know how you coped, it's traumatizing!
ReplyDeleteJess,
ReplyDeleteYou are so good to write all of this stuff down. I really need to do it because you forget so much stuff your kids do if you don't keep a journal of it. Sounds like you are all doing really good. Riley startes preschool after labor day and is so excited because he will get to ride the bus. Give me a call when you get a chance-we haven't visited forever. Take care!
Steph