I can't believe it is already Friday! I am very excited for this weekend. I hope I have five things to write about....
1. My parents are down for the weekend. My Dad is getting an ESI (epidural steriod injection) in his back. I really hope it helps him cause he is hurting pretty bad and he has a bunch of hunts he wants to go on and a bad back plus four-wheeling do not go together. They came down last night and after I got off of work we all went this new diner called Baristas in H-town and had some pretty good pizza. My mom gets to watch all 3 of her grandkids today. I pray Connor goes to the potty good today or she may never offer to watch them again!
2. My Dad's youngest sister, my Aunt Gaylyn, had to have emergency open heart surgery this week! I guess she has had a heart mummur for quite awhile but it was never been bad enough to do anything about. Recently she had been passing out and not feeling good at all so they took her to the hospital. They found out that the electrodes in her heart weren't firing right and Dr. Wong decided that she needed a pacemaker and a defibulator. They were giving her some medication to slow her heart down in prepartion for the surgery but she flat lined and they had to shock her quite a few times to bring her back. After that happend and they got her stable the Dr. decided to do an Oblasion to her heart. I guess that is were they burn a little hole in your heart to help direct the nerve firings in your heart to go the right way. They thought everything was fine but soon realized that is wasn't and they had to rush her in for emergency open heart surgery. She had been bleeding out and ended up having all the blood in her body replaced. She came through the sugery okay. Then she had to have her body tempeture lowered and they were worried that this would cause her to bleed more but she ended up being okay. I've been told that they were going to take the vent out today and while she had the vent in she was doing sign language to tell them what she needed and asking what had happened. She had no idea all the things she had been through. She is only 45 and her youngest just graduated. It looks like she will come through and we are praying for her. My dad's side of the family has had so many trials health wise and I am so grateful for my health!
3. Britt, Gen and I are going to play in a volleyball tournament today for Peach Days! I love getting together and playing. I'm not that good but it is fun to play. There are 6 teams and we start at 5 pm and play pool play and then start the tournament after that and hopefully we will play till the end and win! We could be playing into tomorrow if the games end up going long! I am so so excited.
4. Potty training sucks! We were seriously thinking about quiting and tryin again in five months! I actually put a diaper on him for a couple of hours but then we decided, or I should say I decided cause Josh was ready to go back to the diaper, after to poop accidents in 20 mins. I guess I should not have given him Miralax cause that did not help our cause at all. We are sticking to the undies but I will not be potty training the next child and will pay someone to do it.
5. I have started working another half day. So I work a 4hr, 8hr and two 12hr shifts a week. I did this because it will bump me back up to full-time and we will pay half what we pay now for benefits and make a little extra so we can get out of debt! We have read Dave Ramsey's book and we really want to start using all the things he says we need to do. We are lucky in that we don't have too much debt but it would be nice to say we don't owe anyone anything except for our house. I won't always work 36hrs a week but right now that's how it's going to be.......
I want to play in the V-ball tourney Ahhh sigh sad days..oh well, but do you guys have any more tourneys coming up that you need someone for? I mean I haven't played in awhile but I'd love to even if I have to drive forever to get there let me know!? Oh and thanks for calling yesterday it's good to hear from you and get some support too!! Those websites were great! I think I liked the Serena Gene the best. Love you hope you are good!
ReplyDeleteThats too bad about your dad's back- my dad has had similar problems and treatments. He finally has been able to get out of pain by loosing most of his extra weight. YAY for Dave Ramsey we love him at out house! We took the classes- I totally suggest them. As soon as we sell this house and we are settled into a new house the "Wall family total money makeover" with gazelle intensity will begin! Good luck on your volleyball tourney!
ReplyDeleteThis whole potty training thing souonds exhausting!! Sounds like he is doing pretty good though. He looks so big with his big boy undies on!
ReplyDeleteI like your 5 for Friday. Good idea. Yeah, potty training super sucks. I was MISERABLE doing it for about 3 months and finally decided to take a break from it for the summer. You inspired me to introduce it again and this time Kaden is doing great. It's like a totally different experience. He finally got it! I was SERIOUSLY considering not having anymore children so I wouldn't have to potty train anymore. Just when you can't take it any more, he'll get it. Good Luck Jess. Love your guts!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Dave Ramsey! Good Luck with becoming debt free!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there for potty training. Boys are harder than girls I think, and poo is the WORST! It's hard especially when they have a really good couple of days and you think it's done, and then there is total reversal of learning and accidents everywhere! Bleh! Also, we support you in trying to get out of debt. We are in the same boat. There's not a lot, but we sure have to tighten our belts and hunker down to pay them off faster. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIt took me months to get Cole potty trained. Here is a trick that worked for me with the pooping. When he would mess his pants, I would tell him that he had to take a shower to get clean. (he HATED showers). After the second shower, he never had another accident! My sister in law gave me that trick but her kids liked showers so she gave them cold showers. My friend out here used it with her boy and it took her a couple of days to get her boy totally potty trained. It worked for us. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteGood luck this weekend! Crush some balls for me!! Also, good luck with potty training... been there recently. Luckily, I have two kids in undies and no more diapers!! Woopie!
ReplyDelete