Sunday, December 13, 2009

Grandma Riding's Funeral

We went up to Delta on Tuesday in order to go to my Grandma Riding's viewing. It was a surreal experience to see her. She looked really good and I kept expecting her to sit up and tell us it was all a big mistake. I tear up just thinking about it. I miss her so much and it is going to be so hard to walk into their house and not see her sitting there painting, reading or talking to Grandpa. The only good thing about the viewing was being able to see all of the family especially the ones that I haven't seen in forever. The funeral was on Wed. at 11am. It started a half hour late because we took such a long time saying our last goodbyes to her. It was one of the saddest moments in my life. To see all the family there and everyone just crying their eyes out and to see my Grandpa just sobbing was so incredibly hard. The service was really good. Each of the 10 children were able to say a few memories that they had of their Mom. All 52 grandchildren got up and sang a song. My grandparents also have 43 great grandchildren with 3 more on the way. It was so cold that day. When the service started it was -17 degrees outside. It wasn't quite that cold when it was time for the graveside service but it was pretty darn cold. I am so grateful to my Grandma Riding and for the love she has for me. I will forever be grateful for the hours that she spent helping me with our quilt we made together and for just always being there throughout my whole life. I am so grateful we only lived a block away growing up. I love the large family that we are apart of and I hope that we will continue to stay close.
This picture isn't the best but it was hard to get 11 people to all look at the same camera with eyes open and smiles on their faces with about 6 cameras going at the same time.







I love this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment