A couple of weekends ago my sisters and I headed down to Las Vegas to the George Strait & Reba McEntire concert. We bought our tickets in Nov. and have been anxiously awaiting this day. I have wanted to see George in concert forever it feels like. We headed down early on Sat. and had lunch with a friend that lives down there. I love P.F. Changs. Then we decided to do a little shopping. Did not find anything that I liked except for the yummy frozen yogurt that we all shared. We headed to the MGM a little early cause we wanted to make sure we knew where we were going. We ended up doing some kind of survey thing where you watch a pilot T.V. show and rate it. What a waste of an hour but it was something to do.
Before we headed into the MGM Britt told us that it said on the ticket that we couldn't take our cameras into the concert. We were disappointed but didn't want to risk having them taken away and having to go get them later. We were probably some of the few that didn't have their cameras with them. We had great seats and could of got some great pictures but oh well. We got concentrate on the music instead of picture taking. LeeAnn Womack was the opening act and she did a great job. I forgot that I actually liked a few of her songs.
Reba was awesome. She sang a bunch of her older songs and it was so fun to sing along to them. Her encore when she left to change into a red dress and came riding in in a little taxi was the best encore I have ever seen. She is such a great performer.
George was great as well. I have to admit to being very tired by this time so I didn't have the energy to cheer and sing like I did with Reba but it was nice to relax and pretend he was singing just to me. It was funny to here the whole place singing almost every word to every song he sang. He did a really good job but I don't think I would go to him again. I would definitely go to Reba again. We drove home that night and got to bed at 4am! I slept on the way home but it still felt like a long drive!
It was great to do something so fun with my sisters. Thanks for the fun weekend you guys!


No comments:
Post a Comment