Here are a bunch of more pictures of.....
Lawson Joshua Jensen
Another family picture

Grandma and Grandpa Mecham

Three cute kiddos

Giving brother lots of love

Grandma and Grandpa Jensen

Random picture of Kenny and Connor. He sometimes sleeps with one eye open...scary

Grandpa Mecham

Grandma and Grandpa Mecham
Three cute kiddos
Giving brother lots of love
Grandma and Grandpa Jensen
Random picture of Kenny and Connor. He sometimes sleeps with one eye open...scary
Grandpa Mecham
Loving being at home

I better hurry and write down Lawson's birth story before I forget some of the little details that I want to remember.
At my last apt. I was dilated to a 3 and scheduled to be induced on Sept. 7th. I really wanted to go before that but since I had been induced both times before I didn't think there was much chance of that happening. On Friday I wanted to watch my sisters play in the Peach Day's volleyball tournament and we also wanted to take the kids to ride the rides. The tournament didn't get over until like 11:30pm and I didn't end up going to sleep until 12:30pm. I got up at 5:15am the next morning to put on the water aid station for the Peach Day's 12k run. I had a pretty strong contraction before I left and then had a few through out the morning. My friend Jen was convinced I was in labor but I thought it could of been just some major gas pains.
We took the kids to the parade, which was awesome, and I had a few while there but still wasn't convinced it was labor pains. We went home and I took a nap and when I woke up and rolled over I felt a little pop and thought "was that my water breaking" but I didn't have that big rush of water so didn't think much of it. The contractions started coming about 10 min apart but I still wasn't ready to go to the hospital.
We took the kids over to my friend Shelly's and I laid on her couch while the kids played and Josh went with Darin to the church to go over things that Josh needed to know for his new church calling as Executive Secretary. The contractions were bad enough that I couldn't speak through them. We left for the hospital around 4:30. I had called my mom and told her I would call her if we were being admitted to the hospital because I didn't want them to drive down if we were just going to be sent home.
By the time we got into a room and the nurse checked me it was 5:30pm. I was dilated to a 7! I thought that maybe I could do this natural but that was only if I was going to go fast. After a few super horrible contractions I thought "heck no can I do this if it lasts much longer" so we called for the epidural. When I tried to sit up for the epidural I threw up from the pain! Dr. Lunt came into the room about 15 min after the epidural to break my water. When he checked my he told me that my water had already broken and that I was a 9+ and ready to push! I was shocked and then worried that I had waited to long to come in and if that pop I had felt at 2pm was my water breaking then maybe the baby was going to have problems.
I was barely getting numb and it was already time to push! The nice part of it was that I didn't have time to get a catheter. After about 10 mins of pushing the head was out and Dr. Lunt was asking everyone what they thought it was going to be. The room was split. When the baby came out and Josh was able to say "It's a BOY!" I was so shocked, happy and excited. It went so fast that by the time we had called my mom and texted people that we were at the hospital 20 min later we had a baby! I didn't tear and really felt so good it was crazy to think that I had just had a baby. Lawson Joshua Jensen was born on Sept. 4th at 6:30pm and weighed 8lbs 2oz and was 21 in long. He hardly made a peep and has been so calm since then.
We only spent one night in the hospital. He passed his hearing test but we do have to go back in for another billirubin test. He is nursing like a champ and makes the cutest little noises. The kids have been great with him. Kenny keeps saying how cute he is and last night she told us that she wanted to be the one to get up and take care of him. She said "Mom, I want to take care of him and nurture him" I don't know where she heard the word nurture and knows what it means. Connor likes to give him loves but we have had so many people around that he has been distracted. He did see my nursing today for the first time and asked me why the baby was sleeping and when I said he was eating not sleeping he said "The baby is thirsty"
It is so crazy to think that we have 3 kids but we are also so blessed to have them.
I am still feeling great but I will say that the contractions after birth are just was bad as the ones before. They say that they do get worse after each kid so it's a good thing they are so stinking cute that they make it worth it!
Thanks to everyone for the sweet texts and visits. We are so excited for this new adventure and blessing to our family.
Congrats Jess! Thats so fun you had a boy! He is really cute, and I just love the chubby cheeks!!! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!! Congratulations Jess! I am so excited for you guys!!! A boy. So much fun! I'm glad everything went well and you and Lawson are healthy. Now it's my turn! Eek.
ReplyDeleteCongrats again! He's so gorgeous. I love that hair of his too. I'm glad everything went so well.
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable. I love the chubby little cheeks. He looks so healthy and I am happy you are both doing well. Your birth story is pretty amazing. I can't believe that you were at a 7 when you checked in.
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful. Love the name. Can't wait to see him. Love ya and CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is so handsome. I am glad all is going well and that your kids love him so much.
ReplyDeleteJess-
ReplyDeletehe is so so cute...love his little chin...glad all went well..your a champ! Enjoy enjoy enjoy because it goes fast.
Steph
Congrats Jess! He is beautiful! Your family is so cute!
ReplyDeleteCongrats. A mommy of 3, impressive!!!! He is so cute!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading birthing stories, full of suspense!! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He's beautiful. I can smell his yummy baby smell just looking at the first picture. You look great too! Good luck with 3!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad everything went so quickly and smoothly! He is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to see him!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! I was surprised to check FB while in NYC and that he was already here and that HE WAS A HE!!! I kinda figured baby would be a girl! I thought of you while at the US OPEN!!
ReplyDelete