On July 23rd my parents came down to hang out for the weekend and we went to the Washington Rec Center. It is the kids favorite place to swim. On the way there Kenny was asking me if I thought Grandma Mecham would go down the hydro tube slide. I told her no but if she got her to then I would give her $5. She was coming up will all kinds of ways to get my Mom to go up the stairs to the slide.
"Hey Grandma the view up there is really nice."
"The bathrooms are up those stairs."
"Lets go up those stairs and see what's up there."
She had a few others but I can't remember them and she didn't need them. All it took was "Hey Grandma will you go down the slide with me?" Needless to say I was pretty shocked when I saw my Mom headed up the stairs. I knew my Dad would be game and he went down with Connor. I don't know what it is with Josh and my Dad but when I go down the slide with kids I try to hold them up at the end so they don't drown. Not my Dad and Josh they go full out in there and there has even been a couple times where Josh got flipped around in the water with Connor and Kenny but they all come up smiling.
Connor looks pretty happy to have gone down the slide with Grandpa.
These feet belong to my Mom. I wasn't quick enough on the camera and she was out of the slide before I realized it was her coming out. I am sure she will love this. I could of posted some others but I know she wouldn't of loved those.


How fun. I am pretty sure my mom would't go down...but grandparents tend to surprise us.
ReplyDelete